When it comes to kitchen renovation, the worktop is the main style decision you must choose carefully.
Making the right choice will help your kitchen survive many mishappenings like heat damage and food spills.
To look aesthetically pleasing in terms of texture and color, the worktop kitchen materials must withstand all. However, all price ranges had access to these materials for a long time.
Today, in this article, let's find out the best stone worktops for your kitchen.
Let's dive deep! Types of Stone Countertops for Kitchens The most popular types of stone countertops for kitchens - Granite and Quartz. Both of these have different advantages. So, it is essential to look after their pros and decide according to your choice.
1. Granite Worktops - Being a luxury material, granite worktops never go out of style and fit with contemporary and traditional kitchens. You can go for a conventional polished finish or a modern matte finish.
For some people, natural stone beauty with perfect color is windblown because these are rare and expensive due to their traditional beauty and opulence.
It can withstand extreme weather conditions and is incredibly strong and heat resistant.
Granite comes in various colors and patterns like off-white, pink, black, green, waves, swirls, and streaks.
Because its cost varies according to color, thickness, and pattern, it is affordable to everyone.
2. Quartz Worktops - According to the Design Director of Bespoke Kitchens," Homeowners are inclined towards antimicrobial materials and surfaces such as Quartz."
He further added," it is easy to clean, making it less vulnerable to stains as well as being durable; quartz comes in a range of beautiful colors."
Because it has unique compositions, it is resistant to stains and scratches.
Quartz maintains its polish for an extended period.
The pigments used to make Quartz enables a different range of colors available.
It offers a work surface that requires no care because it is non-porous and does not need to be sealed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How durable are Quartz worktops?
Quartz is durable is easy to clean and maintain. You can clean it with a mild detergent using a damp cloth.
2. Where can I use the Quartz Worktop?
Quartz is suitable for any surface where you cook or store food. And is ideal for those who are looking for a material with antibacterial properties.
3. How durable are Granite worktops?
Granite is tough and heat resistant. But if you want to avoid damage, you need to be careful with it. Also, it can tolerate high temperatures, water resistance, and stains. However, when it comes to wine or citrus, it is advisable to clean it immediately to avoid stains and permanent damage.
4. How to look after Granite worktops?
Granite needs to be sealed initially, then again after almost 10 years. However, it is an excellent material because it requires a little care. With a moist towel and light detergent, you can clean it.
5. Where can I use Granite worktops?
You can use Granite in the region close to the stove or oven and the area around the sink. A large island worktop is usually created with shiny granite.
There is one more material that can be used as a stone worktop in your kitchen; laminated worktop.
These are regarded as affordable material as they are non-porous, easy to maintain, and has various colors and patterns.
They are scratch-resistant and water-resistant because they are made of numerous fused layers of impregnated paper at high temperatures and pressure.
1. One of their best advantages is that laminated worktops are water-resistant and have no pores. Your countertops will keep in the best shape when using laminated worktops.
2. They come in a variety of colors, patterns and designs to match any style of kitchen décor and provide a sophisticated touch. Laminated worktops can go well with the pre-existing interior design too.
3. These require very little maintenance and are incredibly simple to clean. You can remove any dust or stain using a mild detergent and a damp cloth.
4. Laminated Worktops are affordable, and you don't need to worry about replacing them for a long time. Also, you can choose different designs and colors according to your budget.
Conclusion In the end, we can say that your kitchen design will tell what kind of stone worktop is good for you. Taking the worktop's impact will make your kitchen look better.
So, it becomes essential to give a clear thought before starting on your kitchen work. You can hire professionals to do the work for you. Skilled design consultants can help you with stone worktops for your kitchen at Vdesign.
Our experts will make sure to add everything to your Wishlist while also giving you the correct advice on what you want. Vdesign's material choices with stone worktops will enhance the look of your kitchen.